The Implementing Rules and Regulations for the Estate Amnesty Tax extension is out!
Noteworthy items include:
- The new deadline in June 14, 2023
- There is no need for proof of settlement (judicial or extrajudicial) when submitting the Estate Tax Amnesty Return (ETAR)
- but no electronic Certificate Authorizing Registration (eCAR) shall also unless such proof is presented
- The BIR Form has been revised (2118-EA)
- Filing is now where the executor or administrator is registered, or if not yet registered, at the executor or administrator’s residence.
It also seems that after you submit your documents, you may need to wait 5 days before it is endorsed for payment with the authorized agent banks/collection officers or notified of any deficiencies in the application (i.e. babalik po kayo)
It also seems that there is a direction to issue just one eCAR for all properties although we are not there yet. (one property, one eCAR for now)
Lastly, should there be properties not covered by the deed of extra judicial settlement or court order, only those properties covered shall be issued eCAR. I hope this means that they will issue eCAR at least for those indicated.
Full rules are here
For more information you may email us at email@example.com or check out our Facebook page. Keep safe!